GRATITUDE!
About a month ago I had the opportunity to go to Mesa with Grandma Johnson to attend a funeral of a nephew of hers. It was a fun few days and I got to spend some time with Jessie, Byron and the boys. The morning before I was to leave we went to the Lehi Rodeo Days so Clayton could ride on a horse. He did and had a great time. They had rodeo going on and a lot of fun activities. We stopped by the stands for a minute and Jessie was visiting with some friends and I looked up and saw this flag. It was just blowing gently in the breeze, and I got goose bumps. It just looked so beautiful blowing in the wind with the blue sky behind it. I don't know why but it got to me. So I took this picture. I don't have a fancy camera that can do tricks so this is what you get. Since then we've had the sadness of the loss of adistant cousin and friend to the War in Afghanistan. He was the best of the best and gave his all for this flag. Greer and I also had the opportunity to attend the services for the American Consulate worker and her husband who were killed in Juarez. She was a friend and a very kind person. She also gave honor to this beautiful flag. So even though I'm not physically on American soil, I am proud to be an American and always will be.


1 Comments:
The picture of the Flag made me cry. I can't even drive through McDonald's and see the flag out front and not cry now. How lucky we are to live in a coutnry that has great men and women fighting for our freedom.
Thanks Bobbi
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home