My latest resume update!
Since I started this blogging hobby, I have noticed that alot of bloggers seem to tell a little more about themselves. I was looking at it as more of a way to share pictures of my kids with the rest of the family. But I have decided it could be a good way to share a little bit more about me like in a journal, so here goes.
After 26 years of marriage I have developed quite a resume that I am proud of. Whenever I am asked what I do, I can just simply start down the list. I'm a daughter, sister, cousin, grand-daughter, neice, wife, mother, grandmother, friend. Teacher, Band director, music leader, nurse, chauffer, time management counselor, budget analyst, secretary, receptionist, entertainment chairperson, nurse, dishwasher, cook, seamstress, animal trainer, assistant play director (4th grade play), soon to be tourist, and last and my LEAST favorite, Laundress!
I don't know why but my whole life I have dreaded doing laundry. I don't mind washing, putting them in the dryer, and occassionally hanging them on the line. But the folding and putting away are the biggest chore in the world! When I was a teenager the only real tantrum I remember having was when I was asked to help fold the clothes. I believe I went to teaching school, just to get out of doing laundry. Although right now it's not that bad since there are only 2 kids at home, but they sure seem to go through a lot of clothes each week. So I am a big fan of, permanent-press, and wrinkle-free! Ironing is not a fun thing to do. If they ever come up with disposable socks, I'll be the first one in line!


4 Comments:
Hey, I like this post! I love getting to know a little more about you! As for myself, I love to fold clothes because I can just sit there and watch TV or listen to good music. I don't like putting away, though, because then you have to get up!
YEAH MOM!!! You are keeping up with this. And I don't know if I told you but there is a website. BLURB.COM and they can publish your blog like into a book! So thats why like on mine you will see that this is journaling purposes, yeah its because once a year I am going to make a book, and its my journal!! wala!! Anyways, check itout!!
Disposable socks!! Why has no one else thought of this... it would sure save me from a lot of 5:00am-before-High-Council-Shouts about "DO I HAVE ANY CLEAN BROWN SOCKS????" from my dear husband.
Darling blog! You're in my favorites folder now :-)
-Christy
Oh I am right there with you Aunt Bobbi, I don't like the folding and putting away either but that's because I have to go down 2 flights of stairs to get the clothes out and then back up the 2 flights of stairs to put them away. And being big and prego makes it harder lol. But the job that I still hate the most is cleaning the bathroom. EW! But I do it cause I can't stand it to get gross like that.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home